Arch. Myriam B. Mahiques Curriculum Vitae

Monday, January 21, 2013

Bridge over the Han River: screen shots from The Host movie

A forest of columns.

Up till now, I´ve seen three movies by Korean director Bong Joon Ho, and in my list of preferred  directors, he is after Peter Greenaway, whom I´ve always had on top. I love the way he shows in dark comedies the life and social issues of workers and poor people in Korea. 
The first movie is Mother, it was absolutely great, it broke my heart. Second one, Barking dogs never bite, which I highly recommend if you´d like to see how´s the life in Korean tenement halls, those multistory anonymous buildings. 
And the third one, The Host, which monster reminded me of Godzilla. The plot is really interesting and the scenes in the bridge over the Han River and the sewers, beautiful.
I´ve selected some screen shots from my computer, enjoy!

Here, a man´s suicide. See him falling down the bridge, with the city behind.

The beauty of the structural iron knotts

The beauty of the iron structure is captured from below and above

A succession of concrete arches shown in different points of view while the young lady is running.

As a bonus, let us see two more pictures of the Paik Nam June Media Bridge by Planning Korea:



¨Korean creative director Byung Ju Lee of Planning Korea announced a new paradigm in bridge called ‘Paik Nam June Media Bridge’ in Seoul, Korea. Connecting Dangi-li Power Plant (which has a plan to be redeveloped into public cultural space) in the north and The National Assembly Building in the south, this bridge shows the first example of ‘a city expanded to the river’.
Pictures and text from:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails